Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Pretty Orchid Plant

John gave me a beautiful orchid for Easter.  The orchids are a lemon/lime color~~so pretty.  I had purchased a digital stamp from Tiddly Inks earlier and now I had my inspiration.  While printing the image, I decided to add a sentiment, too.  I centered "Happy Mother's Day"  under the orchid plant  before printing what would be the card front. I used Spectrum Noir markers to color the image and Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle dies for the white and Lemon Lime Twist layers.  (After taking pictures, I saw an area I did not color and a little going out of the lines on one of the leaves.  Fixed.)  Years ago, we lived a couple of miles away from an orchid grower.  They had every kind of orchid you could think of and some were so tiny, they looked fake.  It was very peaceful to walk around their greenhouses. Unfortunately, they closed the business a few years ago. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment