Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Side Step Card

I was all ready to purchase this Sizzix Side-Step card framelit set when my friend says. "Don't buy that!  Sheryl has it."   So I put it back on the rack and used Sheryl's side step framelits to create today's card.   I have made these in the past (long ago) and they were a lot of work.  The framelits were great to use.  I cut the card base using one framelit.  I then used my favorite DSP, Whole Lot of Lovely, for the top layer which also is a framelit.  There are framelits to create the pieces that fit on the "steps".  I could have used flower dies included in the side-step set, but I wanted them to look more like the flowers on the DSP.   So I used the Botanical Builder framelits from Stampin' Up for the flowers.  I sponged some Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock with Tangerine Tango ink before cutting the flowers.  I just might purchase the framelit set anyway now that I have played with it!   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment