Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Watercolor Butterflies

The nice weather we were having made me think Spring.  So out came Stampin' Ups' Elegant and Bitty butterfly punches.  I saw a very similar card on Pinterest and there was a video showing how it was made.  I wet down a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and then using a paint brush dipped in paints, dotted the colors on the wet Shimmery White cardstock.  I used two shades of pink and an orange from the Simply Art watercolor set I have.  And it is the least expensive set of watercolors I own!  I moved the cardstock a little to help spread the paints and used my heat tool to dry it.  After punching the butterflies,  I played with the arrangement on the Shimmery White Layer.  Before adhering the larger butterflies, I did stamp antennae.  I layered  that  onto a Pink Pirouette layer before adhering to the white card base.  A few pretty pale pink sequins complete the card.  I am not happy with the flower that is part of the sentiment, but it's ok.  Hope you like today's card as much as I do~~especially as I see the snow covered yard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment