Friday, March 10, 2017

Peeking In!

I watched a Jennifer McGuire video the other day regarding masking.  She showed a variety of ways to mask in the video.  Jennifer demonstrated using Molotow Masking Liquid.  Since I had purchased that product quite a while ago (and never used it), I decided to try it.  After stamping the cute little kitten from Stampin' Up's Pretty Kitty, I colored it in using Spectrum Noir markers.  When the coloring was done, I applied the liquid mask, covering all of the image.  After letting the mask dry for about 15 minutes, I then sponged distress inks along the lower right corner of the card sponging right over the masked image.  I sponged very lightly so as to not ruin the image.  (Next time I will not be so gentle with the sponging!)  Anyway, after I was finished sponging, I then rubbed the liquid mask off with my fingers.  Now even the white space between the flowers is pale blue.  The colored image didn't change in the least!  I added the sentiment, punched a decorative corner and added colorful sequins. The Molotow Liquid Mask will be used again!  Have a great weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment