Monday, September 26, 2016

Crafting Afternoon

On Saturday, Cherie and Paula came over to play.  Cherie brought a card to share with us and it was very pretty.  We used the Gently Falling stamp set (retired) and gold embossing powder, an item I have not used in ages!  We stamped on vellum with Versamark and then heat embossed using the gold powder.  Once everything was stamped and embossed we turned the vellum over and used markers on the back side to color the leaves.  Cherie told us to be careful as the marker ink needs to dry,  I heard her say it and I got a couple random ink smears and even little butterflies would not cover them~~hahaha.  So yesterday, I went down to my craft room and fussy cut a couple of the stamped and colored vellum leaves and adhered them to a new piece of vellum.  Since the gold embossing was wide enough, I was able to glue the leaves to the vellum under the gold embossed lines so the glue was invisible.  The vellum was framed using dies from My Favorite Things.  I stamped a sentiment on coordinating cardstock, embossed it with gold embossing powder and die cut it using a Die By Dave.  The card is very pretty and I will use this technique again.  Thanks, Cherie, for sharing!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment