Thursday, July 7, 2016

Tropical Thank You

Once again I am using the Close To My Heart Calypso paper for my inspiration.  The little flamingoes are so cute.  Just yesterday I received the Stampin' Up Pop of Paradise stamp set.  Needless to say, I had to use the flamingo from the stamp set together with the CTMH flamingo paper right away.  I played around a little to get the stamped flamingo to be similar in color to the paper.  I ended up inking the stamp with Melon Mambo ink and stamping off once on a piece of scrap paper.  After wiping the Melon Mambo off the legs and beak, I colored the legs and beak directly on the rubber using the Basic Gray Stampin' Up marker and stamped the final image. The thank you banner I stamped in black, fussy cut and adhered using dimensionals. A few random sequins were added to the card front.  On the inside, I repeated the inking up of the flamingo and stamped it in the lower right corner.  The Calypso Paper Pack is retiring at the end of this month.  Should I get another pack and hoard it for years just to be sure I have it in case?  LOL!!!!!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment