Thursday, July 28, 2016

Color Wash Background

Today's card is quite simple and pretty, too.   I used Shimmery White cardstock, taping it to a board in order to create a border around the painted area.  I chose Pistachio Pudding card stock and ink (retired) for the card, using as little water as possible to create the background with a paint brush.  (When removing the painter's tape, pull it off at an angle to avoid tearing of cardstock.) To embellish the card, I punched a balloon and candle using retired dsp and SU punches.  The sentiment is from the Cottage Greetings stamp set (wise purchase).  The card front is shimmery although it is not showing up that well in the photo. I am pleased with the way it all came together.  I can see creating a set of cards using the Shimmery White card stock and a variety of colors and sentiments as a gift for someone.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment