Thursday, June 30, 2016

Happy 50th

My husband's oldest brother and sister-in-law celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary over the weekend.  This gave me a reason to use the Number of Years stamp set and framelits.  This set was in the recently retired Occasions Mini catalog and I avoided the temptation.  But when it appeared in the Annual Catalog, I could resist no longer.  I used the color combination of retired Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi and Peekaboo Peach for the card.  Once the numbers were die cut using Peekaboo Peach cardstock I decided I would like to raise them off the flower/leaves images.  So I die cut the numbers using 1/8" craft foam and adhered the cardstock numbers to the foam. The card was a little too plain so out came the retired scallop border punch. The finishing touch was brushing the numbers with  the clear Wink of Stella Brush.  Happy Anniversary, Carl & Ann!  And a little side note~~John's brother is a Lutheran Pastor and he married us 42 years ago.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment