Thursday, July 16, 2015

Trying Something New

I have mentioned Jennifer McGuire in previous posts.  Well, thanks to another of her videos, I had to try Brusho Watercolor Powders.  Yesterday I experimented with both blue and purple powders.  These watercolor powders are very intense and also can stain your clothing.  For the butterfly card, I saturated a piece of watercolor paper with water and then sprinkled the Ultramarine blue powder all over it.  It was pretty messy and my heat tool came in handy.  It did not turn out that great so I cut it down and used a butterfly framelit in the center where it looked the worst.  I was able to break up the section that didn't look that great and then I placed the diecut butterfly into the negative space.  The sentiment is from Sheltering Tree.  I actually think the card is very pretty.  I was experimenting with Brusho purple and blue powders on Whisper White cardstock!  I used too much water and in some places too much powder.  So once I dried the cardstock,  I just die cut balloons and stars from the sections that looked okay.  The sentiment is from Cottage Greetings.  Stampin' Up's retired Brilliant Blue cardstock and ink paired up very nicely with the color of the Brusho powders.  So after playing with Brusho powders, I see that they will take a lot of practice to create things as beautiful as Jennifer McGuire creates.  I am just glad I only bought a few of the colors instead of a set of 12~~lol!!!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment