Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sheltering Tree

While deciding what to do with this stamp set, I thought a Spring card sure would be nice!  First thing I noticed when I went to use the stamp was that these pieces really stick well to the plastic sheet they are attached to.  I was sure to not rip the larger pieces off too fast.  I did not want to tear the stamps.  Anyway, I would like to say this is my first card, but actually it is about my 4th card front--hahaha!!!  I was getting a couple places where the stamped image did not take.  That problem was taken care of when I stamped using the Stampin' Pierce Mat as a cushion.   I finally figured out that for me it works best to stamp light from dark.  So I first stamped the leaves and then the tree trunk and branches.  Since this stamp set is photopolymer it is so easy to place things, such as the swing.  Yes, my Stamp-a-ma-jig would have done a perfect job, but I did not need it for this one.  I even placed the flowers on the stems without a stamp-a-ma-jig.  I especially like the font of the sentiments included in the set.  The sentiments are pretty, too!  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

1 comment: