Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Christmas Vinyl

While having good intentions as far as being creative these past days, I found that I just didn't know what to do. I decided that maybe I should attempt one of the beautiful vinyl projects people were creating using their Cricut Explore and vinyl.  I found this word art in Design Space and thought it would be a nice Christmas gift~~if my attempt was successful.  As you can see, it was!  There was an awful lot of "weeding" to do (removing all the little unnecessary pieces of vinyl inside the letters) but after the weeding was complete it was time to adhere it to my Cherry Cobbler 12x12 cardstock.  I was holding my breath as I centered the vinyl and I laid it down crooked~~oh no!!  It was most obviously crooked, so not a gift!  After thinking about how to save it, I took care of the problem by cutting the original 12x12 cardstock down to even it out, layered it on a piece of white cardstock and centered and adhered that to the 12x12 base Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  The project is really pretty, but I am not sure that I will create another vinyl project that was this involved.  But, maybe!  I will not be posting for a few days  so have a great week, keep warm and find yourself a little' stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment