Monday, October 13, 2014

I Am Back

I know many of you have missed my daily posts, but life got in the way.  Two weeks ago today, I received a call from my brother that my mom was not doing well.  She went to the hospital to have a pacemaker wire replaced.  It turned into open heart surgery.  My Mom improves daily.  I want to say thanks for all the thoughts and prayers that were given for both my Mom and me, too.  Today's card is one I made before I left for Arizona.  It was created using my Cricut Explore and the CTMH Artfully Sent cartridge.  Originally, I started with a white card base, and then I smudged the edge after it was cut out.  So I cut it down to use the card front layered on pink cardstock from Amuse Studio.  I especially like the font on the Artfully Sent cartridge and it looks perfect on this baby card.  Had I not had to cut down the card base, I would have just lined the underside of the card front with a colored piece of cardstock.  Putting the baby's name on the card front is another idea.  The little hearts were created using the SU heart border punch.   Tomorrow I will post one of the cards we will be making at card classes this coming weekend.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear your mom is improving - I hope she continues to get better. Also, lovely card - I really like these sentiment cards because all you have to do is line them and add an embellishment or two and they're done.

    ReplyDelete