Wednesday, September 17, 2014

John's Birthday

Yesterday was John's birthday.  I went to the store and looked at cards, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $5~~at a minimum.  So, I came back home and made this one!  He is going fishing for a couple of days, so I pulled out the Amuse Studio stamp set, Sealed With A Fish.  Since you cannot see thru the dies, I first die cut the shapes and then used Memento ink to stamp the images.  This was a little time consuming and I realized that I definitely prefer our Stampin' Up open dies.  Nonetheless, I colored all the little shapes using Copic markers and they are so cute!!  The "birthday fishes" sentiment on the card is also included in that Amuse stamp set and the "happy" and "to my husband" sentiments are from retired Stampin' Up stamp sets.  John got a chuckle out of the card, knowing he is going Muskie fishing, not fishing for pretty little tropical things--hahaha!!! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment