Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Kinda Eclectic Butterflies

In a previous post I mentioned the Kinda Eclectic stamp.  On that day I had only used one image from the set.  Today's cards both make use of the two butterflies, the "sunburst" image and the sentiment included in the set.  On the Calypso & Daffodil card I also used the "dot" image.  It was quick and easy to put together.  The Coastal Cabana card took a little more.  For instance, I sprayed the lace doily using Crisp Cantaloupe and rubbing alcohol and then cut it in half.  By covering the lower portion of the white cardstock, I was able to stamp only one half of the "sunburst.  The seam where the "sunburst" meets the lace doily was covered with a thin strip of cardstock.  As an after thought, I needed to fill in a little white space so I pulled out the splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge, inked it up with Coastal Cabana ink, stamped off and then stamped on the card.  I did this twice and was just what the card needed.  (I have gotten so much use out of the Gorgeous Grunge set, a set I thought I would never use!)  Next time, I will stamp the splatter before adding the lace doily.   A few sequins were randomly added to the card.  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment