Friday, May 16, 2014

Doily Easel Card

Happy Friday!  I woke up to the largest snowflakes coming down!  Is it May?  I was on one of my Cricut sites and saw a free download of a SVG cut file for a doily easel card (www.birdscards.com).  So, I went to my scraproom to download and cut it on the Cricut.  Once it was completely cut, I took it off the mat and realized that the scallop circle card base didn't cut correctly.  I told myself it was ok (user error) as no one would really know that but me--hahah!!  So I took out my Blackberry Bliss ink and the Blooming with Kindness stamp set and completed the card to the left.  I looked at it and took the photo of it, but it just wasn't right!  I went back to my scraproom and downloaded a different doily easel card.  I adjusted the size a bit, used the same ink and stamp set and everything was fine until I smeared a little ink where I shouldn't have!  So not only are the butterflies covering the little oops, they add a little more pretty to an already pretty card.  By the way, the second card took a while to cut, but there were a whole lot of tiny circles that needed to be cut and not one was miscut!  Have a great day, an enjoyable weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment