Tuesday, February 11, 2014

In yesterday's post I mentioned that adding twine or brads could add a lot to a rather simple card.  So today I decided to follow up on that.  When I was in Florida, I purchased some12 x 12 paper at the Owl and The Pussycat, a stamp store that I visit annually when I am in Fort Myers.  The paper is from Kaisercraft and consists of a variety of 6 vintage-looking and tropical pictures.  I immediately knew that I could use these pictures to make cards.  The picture I chose for this Pistachio Pudding card was simply layered on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock prior to adhering it to the card base, stamped with a sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts and then wrapped with a piece of twine. Sometimes a picture is all you need to make a great card. I spent more time deciding what color card base to use than I did creating the card!  As I type this post it is -6 degrees.  My plan is to stay warm today!  You do the same and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment