Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spritzed Sunburst

Today's cards were created after seeing a card in our demonstrator's Stampin' Success magazine.  (This is definitely a card class technique for a future class.)  After making a template and cutting it out, the template was  temporarily adhered to the card front.  I spritzed that with one of SU's mini misters that contained rubbing alcohol and Coastal Cabana re-inker.  The balloons from Sketched Birthday and the sentiment from Simply Sketched were layered on Coastal Cabana cardstock and adhered over the center point of the sunburst.  I took the technique a step further for the ATV card.  Since it is hunting season around here, I wanted to  create a camouflage type sunburst.  After spritzing with Always Artichoke and rubbbing alcohol, I then splattered Early Espresso ink over the sunburst.  The ATV from the retired Need For Speed set was the perfect image for this card.  I even splattered the envelope.  Not a pretty card, it is perfect for a lot of men who are into their ATVs and/or hunting; i.e., my husband and his friends.  Have a great day! . 

No comments:

Post a Comment