Friday, July 12, 2013

In Color Hexagons

When the new catalog was released, I told myself that I was not interested in hexagons, neither the Six-sided Sampler stamp set nor the coordinating hexagon punch.  Well as does happen, my mind was changed when I started seeing how others were using the hexagons.  Today's cards were created using the new In Colors, which I continue to use frequently.  On both cards, some of the hexagons are directly stamped on the white cardstock while others were stamped and then hand cut.  The punch leaves a bit of a border around the hexagons and I did not want the border.  The retired corner punch and my favorite butterflies are the finishing touch on the Pistachio Pudding card.  The Cantaloupe Crisp card is quite simple, yet very pretty.  The Simply Scored tool was used for the three embossed lines.  Little rhinestones were colored using a permanent marker and added after I stamped the three words using the Fabulous Phrases set.  Notice on this card that the Cantaloupe hexagon was punched from DSP, no stamping required.  Have a great day and enjoy the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment