Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sketched Birthday

Today's coordinating  items were made using new product--YEAH!  This Crumb Cake and Early Espresso coordinating set came about because I wanted to use the new note size Crumb Cake envelope which measures 5-1/8" x 3-5/8".  I cut cardstock measuring 5" x 7" and scored it at 3-1/2" so it would fit perfectly in the envelope.  The balloons on the envelope and the cake slice on the card  are from the
 Sketched Birthday set is in the new catalog.  Unfortunately, SU doesn't offer a 2" circle punch (necessary to fit the entire image) so I used a non-SU punch.  Maybe the new circle framelits will have a 2" circle~~I hope so.   Back to the card.  After layering the cake on a 2 3/8" scallop circle, I made a couple of banners, one from Espresso cardstock and one from retired Espresso DSP and adhered everything to the card front.  A little Dazzling Details to the flame of the candle adds a bit of sparkle.  I had to try the Chalk Talk stamp set and framelits, so I made the tag which can be added to a gift bag or ribbon.  For those attending Sunday's card class, we will be making this coordinating set along with a few other items.  In the meantime, I will oohh and ahhh over some of the new items I received yesterday.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment