Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Coffee Toast

Two stamp sets, Perfect Blend and Happy Hour, were the perfect blend for today's cards.   The coffee cup is an image from the Perfect Blend stamp set, as is the stamped sentiment on the coffee cup to the right.  The two sentiments stamped on the lower right corner of both cards are from the Happy Hour stamp set.  On the Crumb Cake card I crimped the Cherry Cobbler cardstock to add texture to the card and on the Pool Party card, I ran the Crumb Cake cardstock through the crimper to imitate the look of the sleeve you get when you purchase hot coffee to-go.  Next time I am at Starbucks, I will be getting a few stir sticks.  How cute those would be in the lid!  And again, my score tool came in handy when I wanted to add a little texture to the Pool Party cardstock.  One last thing:  I dyed white bakers twine using Baked Brown Sugar reinker and alcohol.  Well, it turned out to look more like Crumb Cake, so I used it on the Cheers card.  Here's to a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment