Friday, May 3, 2013

Watercolor Thanks

Another Simply Sketched card, this card was water colored using new In Color inks  and an aqua painter.  Last weekend while I was playing with my new toys, I had stamped images from the Simply Sketched stamp set, using various techniques and tools.  One of the images was inked using black Stazon on watercolor paper and painted.  Not sure how I was going to use that image, I set it aside.  While viewing projects created by other demonstrators on our SU website, a project posted by Jackie using the same image caught my eye.  She had softly shaded around her flower and it looked so nice that I had to try it.  So, I grabbed my previously inked watercolor image and started painting around the flower.  Now this is where I admit that it took a few tries before the shaded Pool Party outline of the flower was just right.  Needless to say, the original water colored image was "filed" away--lol. The trick is to brush off some of the paint on a scrap piece of paper before painting directly around the flower while feathering out from the image.  Before layering the water colored image on Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock, I splattered the image using Pistachio Pudding ink and a paint brush.  Again, thanks to Jackie's project, it was a fun way to finish off the image. If you are reading this Jackie, thanks for the inspiration!  Now I need to get inspired to clean up my scrap room.  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment