Monday, May 13, 2013

Indigo Blue Bunting

I had a wonderful Mother's Day with our children, granddaughter and son-in-law's parents.  Jen and Mark had us to their house, all of us bringing something for the dinner.  It was a little chilly outside, but we spent the afternoon sitting in their sun room.  Jenny has a few bird feeders and a birdbath in the backyard and it is normally filled with gold finches, sparrows and cardinals.  Sunday, a beautiful Indigo Blue Bunting decided to hang around.  I have only seen Buntings in photos, so I was delighted.  I didn't bring my good camera with me, so these are iPhone photos.  The bird was beautiful and these photos don't do it justice, but I wanted to share anyway.  On the way home, I was looking up information about this bird and read that an Indigo Blue Bunting is really black, but their feathers diffract light, causing the feathers to appear blue.  And of course, the brilliant blue Bunting is a male!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment