Friday, November 30, 2012

Single Stamp As Background

The Christmas Lodge stamp set in the annual catalog is one that held my interest for quite a while, but I just couldn't justify purchasing another Christmas set.  So when the tree stamp became available as a single purchase, I ordered the single stamp.  I had an idea as to how I would use it, and it worked as I envisioned.  Of course, I did waste a few pieces of Whisper White cardstock, but once I knew what green would work best and how many times I needed to stamp off, the cards look very nice.  After inking the image with Old Olive, I stamped it once on a scrap paper and then the second time on the Whisper White cardstock for the Olive Green Card.  For the Cherry Cobbler card, I inked the stamp and stamped it twice on a scrap before stamping it on the Whisper White cardstock.  I used Early Espresso for the sentiment (from More Merry Messages) and even though it shows up on both cards, I think the more faded tree on the Cherry Cobbler Card is a tiny bit better.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment