Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, John

Happy Monday! Great news for me~~my JOY frame was chosen as a favorite at Splitcoast Stampers. Being named as a favorite is exciting and two weeks in a row is doubly exciting! Today's card was made with my husband in mind. Yesterday was his birthday and we had a wonderful day with our children, granddaughter
and grandpuppy, too. The day was so busy, John never did receive the card--oops! I used the color combination of Marina Mist and Soft Suede, die cutting the Marina Mist using one of the framelits from the Apothecary Accents collection. Rather than stamping on the actual die cut, I stamped on Vanilla cardstock and centered it behind the negative space. The greeting is part of the Wacky Wishes hostess set and the little cupcake is from my favorite retired Short & Sweet. The border around the Soft Suede cardstock was easy to create with the help of my Simply Scored tool. No matter which scoring tool you have, remember to put it to use every once in a while to create a little dimension on your cards. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment