Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pleasant Poppies

When I think of poppies, I think of the little artificial flowers that you receive when you make a donation to the Veterans of Foreign War and/or the American Legion Auxiliary volunteers who distribute them in return for donations to assist disabled and hospitalized veterans. I was a young girl when I first became aware of the poppy and that significance. I can remember both my Dad and my Grandpa donating money and hanging the poppy on the rear view mirror in the car. As I got older, I followed in their footsteps, but I attach the poppy to my purse. So when I first saw the Pleasant Poppies stamp, that was my first thought--red flowers to honor our veterans. But after stamping the poppy images and embossing them with black embossing powder, I decided to take an entirely different direction. I colored the images using pink and yellow ink and blender pens, embellishing the pink card with black ribbon and the yellow poppies with black butterflies. I see many options with this one stamp and will share my future Pleasant Poppies creations with you. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment