Friday, June 15, 2012

Patriotic Favor

I had my first version of this favor on my counter during the Open House last week even though I needed to work on it a little. I received a number of comments about it and wanted to share my up-dated version. I put the sparklers in it which means it is not for the children. But how cute if you were able to add little red, white and blue candy sticks or Pixie Sticks rather than sparklers? (I bet Party City has something that would work perfectly.) And now I just thought--how about if this was your plastic dinnerware holder? I need to go try that. I'll be right back! Here is a photo with plastic dinnerware in place of the sparklers and I do like this, too. If you are having a July 4th cook out, a bunch of these in a basket would certainly be a patriotic addition to your buffet table. The ribbon is retired SU ribbon, but any thin red or blue ribbon will work. The star is from a punch I have--not SU. I now have another use for the Petite Pocket die, a purchase I didn't know if I should make or not! I am so glad I did. I have used it for many things, this being the latest. Have a fun-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment