Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tempting Turquoise

This card was a spur of the moment thing as I wanted to try my recently purchased Tempting Turquoise embossing powder. I just love the way the turquoise embossing stands out against black cardstock. The black polka dot ribbon, the Stripes embossing folder and a cute little cupcake (made using the Build A Cupcake punch) complete a card that is perfect for wishing someone of any age a happy birthday! One of the nice things about this card is that all items used are in the new catalog, including the stamp set Bring on the Cake. As a reminder, May 31st is the last day to order retiring stamp sets from the current cattie. As a matter of fact, I am ordering one of my well-used sets, Short & Sweet, just to have an extra as my present set is very, very well-used! Short & Sweet was one of the first sets I ordered from SU (several years ago) and to this day I use both the sentiments and the little image stamps very often. The retired accessories are available until May 31st, or while supplies last--whichever comes first--including one of my most favorite dies ever--the Matchbox die! (I still cannot believe that SU is retiring that die.) Have a great day, remember our military and keep cool. It is going to be 95 here in the Chicago area so the A/C is on and I plan on spending cool time here in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment