Sunday, April 1, 2012

Teabag Favor & My Digital Studio

As you know, I am always looking for new and cute ideas that I can use for myself, classes and workshops. Today I was on the SU demonstrators' website when I came across this very cute double teabag holder that Marian Garcia posted. Marian had cased this from another demonstrator, Brenda. While Marian and Brenda used ribbon and stamped the images on circles, I thought "Lipton Teabag"~~you know, the teabag with the paper tab stapled to a white string. So down to my scraproom I go, following the measurements for cutting, scoring and folding the Designers Series Paper, but I have no teacup stamps nor do I have any tea sentiments. I improvised and stamped "T4U", but that just didn't do it for me. Now I needed the Tiny Teacup stamp which I did not own. And this is where the SU digital software came in handy. I went online to my SU store, purchased the digital version of the Tiny Teacup and downloaded it to My Digital Studio (already on my computer). I made two favors using different DSP papers, so I needed two tags. I put the teacup on white cardstock and added a sentiment from another stamp set already part of MDS. I chose colors to match the DSP of each favor, printed them and then punched each using the small tag punch. I layered that on a coordinating cardstock tag punched using the large tag punch. And here is where I am so proud of myself: not only did I use the MDS successfully, but I stapled white baker's twine to the tags and I have knockoff "Lipton" teabag tags~~lol!!! I will admit that up until now, MDS was something I just didn't want to bother with, but this was so easy, you just might see other little projects I create with the help of My Digital Studio software. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment