Friday, March 30, 2012

Here's To You

Yesterday I went down to my scrap room with the idea that I wanted to use a color that I rarely, if ever, use. As I flipped through my color ring, Sahara Sand called my name--lol! And I am thinking what I always think when I see Sahara Sand, "I really do not like this color!" But it looked pretty good next to Not Quite Navy so I decided that the color combination would make a good man card. A strip of DSP layered under a piece of textured Sahara Sand cardstock wrapped with linen thread added nice dimension to the card. But my favorite part of the card is the tag. By folding over a corner and adhering the tag with a navy brad a good focal point was created. I lined the inside of the card with Sahara Sand cardstock that was edged using a stamp from the Borderlines set. I now have a masculine card that can be used for a birthday, retirement or other occasion. When you find yourself a little stampin' time over the weekend, use the same challenge: use a color you rarely, if ever, use and see what you create. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment