Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fun & Fast

A friend of mine showed me the invite she made for her grandson's 1st birthday party--the theme being circles. The invites were very cute. In fact, so cute that I kept the idea of using circles as a focal point on a card in the back of my mind. Yesterday I decided to play with the circle theme and this is the playful card I created. The bright circles of varying sizes set against the white is very "fun". Punching the circles, adhering them to the white and embossing that with the Square Lattice folder was "fast". I stamped the sentiment on a little strip of coordinating cardstock, added a brad and adhered with dimensionals. I am looking at the card and thinking that in place of the sentiment banner, how cute it would be to have a birthday cake stamped and brightly colored on a white circle, layered on a larger circle and adhered using dimensionals. So thank you, Nancy for reminding me that something as simple as a circle could have so many creative possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment