Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Hallmark Remake!

My husband always gives me very pretty cards, usually Hallmark cards. John is very particular when he is card-shopping, looking for cards that have special embellishments or cards that remind him of cards I make. This year's Valentine from John, a Hallmark card, is extremely cute. The minute I opened it, I knew I had to try to recreate it. The color of the Hallmark card was almost a perfect match to the retired Cameo Coral, which was one of my favorite colors. So out came the Cameo Coral card base, retired black and white DSP and retired SU ribbon. With the help of a few SU tools--framelit, embosslit and punch, I was able to build the "heart flower". To get the faded white stem, I used Whisper White craft ink and the stem leaf that is in the Sweetheart stamp set on page 60 of the IB&C. I think the card turned out great, and so did my husband. So next time you are in the card store and you see a card you like, snap a photo with your cell phone (if allowed!), go home and recreate it. My card surely did not cost $3.99 to make--or did it? Framelits, cardstock, embosslit, ribbon--LOL!!!! Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we just won't SAY how much it really costs to make a card like that, will we! LOL!

    ReplyDelete