Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hints/Tips I Find Useful

Black and Pink Pirouette is a striking color combination. I used the Adorning Accent embossing folder that coordinates with the Adorning Accents Edgelit die which was also used. Using the Edgelit dies take a little patience as they tend to move around a bit when putting the cutting plate over the item to be cut. TIP: In order to keep movement to a minimum, I use a little removable Dotto (pg. 206 of the IB&C) on the underside of the Edgelit. Once the edge is cut, rub off any excessive Dotto on both the cardstock and the die itself. After stamping the flower image using Black Stazon ink and coloring the image using my Pink Pirouette marker, I proceeded to cut out the main portion of the image. Did you ever stamp an image in black and then cut it out to find that you left a white edge on part of the image? Well that is exactly what I did here. So my little TIP: keep your black marker handy and when you are finished with your cutting, run the marker around the edge to fill in any of those little white areas. Actually, use the matching marker of what ever color you stamped your image in to fill in the little white spaces that might be left after cutting. The sentiment on this card is from the Swirls and Curls stamp set that I just had to have when it was introduced. As my stamp collection grew with new stamps, the Swirls and Curls stamp set was forgotten about--that is until I decided to reorganize my stamp collection. And look how pretty it looks with the flowers, scallop and pearls! My final TIP: Remember to use what you have! Every once in the while, look thru your stamp collection to refresh your mind on your stamps and supplies. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment