Sunday, October 30, 2011

Back Home From Phoenix

I spent the last week in Phoenix visiting family and enjoying the warm weather and sunshine. As much as I like taking vacations, it sure is nice to get back home and in my scrap room. Knowing that tomorrow is Halloween, I should be posting a Halloween card, but to be honest, I am "Halloweened-out", if there is such a thing--LOL! This afternoon I used two patterns from the Well Worn DSP to make this card together with Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake cardstock. A little tearing of the DSP and cardstock strips added texture. When tearing the DSP, the edges were white, so I sponged those edges with Soft Suede ink. I am not sure if I mentioend this before, but when I open my packages of DSP, I write the colors that coordinate in each particular pack on the cardboard insert that is included. This way I have that information at hand and know just what colors of cardstock and ink to pull when I am creating projects using a particular DSP pack. That information is included on the DSP pages in both the Idea Book & Catalog and in mini catalogs when a new DSP series is released. And now that I have had a little fun in my scrap room, it is time to head off to the laundry room--ugh! Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment