Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No Card--But A Fun Day

Our son finally closed on a house this week. He has been trying to buy a house for almost a year and between short sales and foreclosures, it has not been going well. But now that he is a homeowner, he has moved on from house-hunting to house-fixing--and so have we--LOL! Anyway, I need to share a small part of today. Sydney only had half a day of school today. So Jenny and Sydney came out to see Matt's new house and to celebrate John's birthday. The fun-filled day began when Sydney got out of the car wearing brown leggin type pants, brown cowboy boots, a celery green sweater tunic with a belt and a horse embroidered on the front and a purple cowboy hat! I saw her and bust out laughing and everytime I think about it I still laugh. But the day and outfit got better, as shown in the picture when she wanted the pant legs pulled up! Matt inherited a hammock with his new house and wanted Syd to try it out. She did even though she was not sure about it. Then Matt talks me into getting on it, too. Well, big mistake on my part because then Matt let go of the hammock and Syd and I both slid right off of it onto the deck. And all the while, my wonderful loving daughter filmed it while both her and Matt were laughing their you know whats off!!! John kept working on one of the bathrooms but he was out there to see us fall off the hammock. The entire day was filled with many cute and funny things. I know it was a day where you had to be there to really understand, but it was a day all about our family. We laugh with and at each other, we work together to get things done, we teach and learn from each other but most of all, we love and enjoy each other. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment