Tuesday, February 1, 2011

While we watch the news and talk to our children and friends back home, the weather situation across the midwest lets us enjoy the Gulf Coast sunsets even more. Of course, I feel a little guilty that we are in such a beautiful place while others have to deal with the blizzard. And I am hoping the weather forecasters are way off on their predictions for the Chicago area, as I do remember the blizzard of l967. Things came to a standstill. We lived in the city and I can remember being outside with my dad and siblings and neighbors all helping each other shovel cars out of parking spaces and clearing the sidewalks. I also remember that my mom worked and had to depend on city buses that night as no cars could get anywhere. My sister and I kept going to the bus stop with a scarf and gloves for her. She made it home that night, but it was quite the trip home. And I remember how happy my sis and I were when we saw her getting off the bus! So to all of you reading this, try to stay home and keep safe. And since you are stuck at home, find yourself a little scrappin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment