Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Treats

Time to think about Halloween treats for your co-workers, your child's classmates and the neighborhood trick-or-treaters. The first treat was made using the Big Shot scalloped bag which unfortunately is no longer available thru SU. Many of you did purchase this particular Big Shot die, so I wanted to remind you that by using your retired SU products together with current paper still makes for a great little treat holder.
The Big Shot pillow box die is still one of my favorites and an often used die. Again combining new and old supplies, these treat holders can be filled with hugs and kisses, rolls of Smarties--or a variety of other candies. In order to get the pattern paper to fit the box, I cut another pillow box image and then trimmed it down for the two-tone look. If you look closely, you will see the black dotted paper on the orange pillow box doesn't match exactly. Well, I tried to trim off the end of that portion of the diecut. I shouldn't have done that. On the orange striped pillow box I left the diecut paper as it was on the end and adhered it to the black pillow box form. Much better idea and less work, too! (And now I am going to sponge lots of black ink on the edges of the not so perfect pillow box--a little ink works wonders!) Hope you can find yourself a little creative time so that you too, can work on your Halloween treats.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute pillow boxes! I would not have noticed any mistakes without you pointing them out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete