Friday, August 27, 2010

A Cute Sydney Story

I just have to share my granddaughter's wonderful sense of humor. Sydney turned six years old last month and she is our little dolly. She hangs with me and John quite a bit (so glad we moved back from Phoenix so we can do that). Between her mommy and me, Sydney learned about senses of humor early in life. My husband was on a ten day fishing trip up in Canada a couple of weeks ago. He caught some very nice fish--the opposite of not catching any when he went fishing on Father's Day with Sydney. We met Sydney and Jenny for dinner the other night to celebrate Syd's first day of first grade. John started showing her the pics from the fishing trip. One was a 39" Northern. Sydney looked at it and then with this cute little smile on her face says, "So John, who painted the fish on the picture for you?" My daughter and I were practically rolling on the floor at the restaurant we were laughing so hard. I am sure it was one of those times when you needed to be there but her tone of voice and the sweet little smile on her face was beyond description. And of course the face on Grandpa John was pretty precious, too.

1 comment:

  1. Gail, thanks for lovely comment on my blog. What funny story about your granddaughter. I have been married about the same length of time as you(1972)!

    ReplyDelete