Saturday, July 24, 2010

A First For Me!

I have been a Stampin' Up demo for more than 2 1/2 years. During that time, I had not purchased any of the premade card kits that SU has offered. That changed when the new catalog came out. The Simply Sent Sweet Hello card kit (p.183) was calling my name. For $11.95, the kit includes 8 cardstock embossed cards, 8 envies and 24 ribbon & pearl flowers. I opened the package last night and this is the first card I made. The Baja Breeze frame around the card is probably what caught my attention, together with the green swirls. And, the little leaves that you see are slightly embossed. To finish off the card, I used Old Olive to stamp the friend image (from the Simple Friendship stamp set), colored in the flowers using a Pretty In Pink Marker and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I adhered the stamped image on a Baja Breeze cardstock circle. Adhered that to the card and I was done. This truly is a quick and easy way to make a card. There are 3 card kits available in the new cattie. These kits are great gifts for those who likes to receive hand-made creations but think they could never make a card herself. Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely an ahhh....... card! Very pretty Gail. The colors are so soft and delicate. You've insprited me to use more pastels.:)

    ReplyDelete