Monday, July 5, 2010

Copic Card

A few years ago, before becoming a Stampin' Up demo, I purchased about a dozen Copic markers. They have been sitting in a container ever since--having never been used. Back in March I went to a rubber stamp show and did a Make & Take using Copic markers. Since then I have been interested in learning more. Last week my friend, Regina and I took a class at our local stamp store. I wanted to learn techniques--such as shading how to's and such. Well, the instructor gave us a couple of hints about using Copics, but most of the class we just colored images. We were there 2 hours and came home with three cards. The card here is the prettiest (in my opinion) and had the least amount of detail. Another card we colored had so much detail to color, that I did not even put it together at the store. We stamped all the images for the cards we were making and the edges of two of the three stamps had to be cleaned off before stamping so that unwanted lines would not show up on our card fronts. I personally was a little disappointed as I really wanted to learn techniques. But, the class was titled "Coloring with Copics" and that is what we did. Oh well, next time I take a Copic Class, I will look for the word "techniques" to be in the title. In the meantime, I have found some really good Copic videos right here on the internet. Put the words "Copic Marker Techniques" in your search engine and all kinds of sites will come up. Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment