Saturday, June 12, 2010

Such A Nice Day!

I had such a nice day today! My daughter, my friend and I took a class at Archivers and then had a relaxing lunch at the Creperie in Algonquin. The class was the Colorful Creations Card Workshop, a class that when we first read about it last month, my daughter and I talked about attending. My friend, Regina, had sent me an email about the class and I told her that Jen and I were going and asked if she wanted to join us. So we all met at the store this morning and got to work. The class revolved around Glimmer Mist, which is a spray that leaves a shimmery look to whatever you spray with it--including the table! When the workshop started and I was spraying the Glimmer Mist, I was not very impressed. It was puddling on the cardstock, making splotches and generally not something I would want to use again. Well, once I got the hang of it and we were given a bottle of Glimmer Mist that sprayed properly, we were able to make 4 pretty cards. The "thinking of you" card was my favorite of the 4 we created and was made using Lily Pad & Turquoise Blue Glimmer Paint, Versa Mark and clear embossing powder. This "Thanks" card I made when I got home using SU supplies. I used a shimmer spray that I made by combining SU's White Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol. I achieved the multi-colored background by sponging Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery on white cardstock and then spraying that with my homemade Shimmer Mist. I then inked up the stamp from Upsy Daisy using the same two colors and after stamping the image, I sprayed that with my Shimmer Mist. The next time I try this technique, I will add a couple of drops of reinkers to the rubbing alcohol and Shimmer Paint mixture. I think that by doing that, I will get the deep color that was achieved using the Glimmer Mist on the first card. The background on that first card was almost saturated using the Glimmer Mist and then set aside to dry. Now that I am home and have tried to make a couple of cards using some of the techniques we used at Archivers, I sure wish I would have invested in a couple of bottles of the Glimmer Mist. Oh well, next time I am up that way, I will be adding to my stamping supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment