Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Project Is Complete!

And now I can share what I have been busy doing the last couple of months. I wanted to do something for Jenny's 35th birthday that would be special and a surprise. I scrapbooked photos from the day of her birth up until now. The first step was gathering all the old photos. Years ago, I learned that the reason many of the older photos were yellowing was because they were not mounted in acid-free albums. So I had removed them back then, but never sorted the photos. When I decided I would make these albums for Jen a couple of months ago, the sorting process started. And it was a huge process! You see, I did not put dates on the backs of all of the photos, so I was wracking my brain trying to remember what years the photos were taken. I always thought I would remember the dates, but I sure was wrong! Good thing my son, Matt, was able to remember years--thank you, Matthew! When all photos were sorted to the best of my memory, how was I going to scrap them? I finally decided that for Jen's albums Stampin' Up's Soft Subtles cardstock would be the base pages. And I would embellish the pages using coordinating colors from the Soft Subtles collection, together with stickers and journaling circles. As I started adhering photos to the cardstock, I realized that I had to be selective in choosing photos or Jenny would need an entire bookcase to hold her albums. When all was said and done, Jenny now has three photos of captured moments in her life. One photo album is strictly Christmas. For that album I used Rose Red and Mellow Moss for the base pages. So today I gave them to Jennifer. She seems to be really thrilled to have all of those captured moments in one place. And her daughter, Sydney, was too funny as she was looking at photos. When Jen pointed out a pic of me--35 years ago--Syd said, "That's Gay? She had blonde hair!" And I was thinking at least she didn't say, "Gay was skinny!" So I had a great Mother's Day and Jen had a fantastic birthday. And at the end of this day, I will pat myself on the back and say, "Gay, you raised two wonderful children who continue to flourish and share their goodness and love with others." I am one proud Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment