Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jen & Mark have had a few skunks around their new house. So one day Mark had to go out and try and figure out where the skunks are hiding under their deck. Jen called and was describing Mark at his task and both of us were laughing and saying we wouldn't want to be on a skunk hunt. Jen even put a little Beanie Baby skunk on the deck railing and asked Mark to pose for a photo. Well, shortly after that I was checking out Amuse stamps and they had a skunk stamp and a greeting stamp to go with it. I told Jen I was making Mark a Father's Day card using a skunk image but she did not know I was making her a birthday card, too. I used a variety of products for Jen's card starting with, of course, SU cardstock. The flower and greeting stamps are CTMH. The ribbon is SU and I used SU markers for coloring the flowers.
Mark's card is fairly simple. Again, that cute little skunk takes center stage and the red ribbon adds just the right amount of color. The great thing is that the saying on the sentiment stamp used inside of both cards is, "Have a scent-sational day"! When Jen opened her card she was really laughing. But she did not show it to Mark because he would figure that I would be giving him a skunk card, too. I always find it so awesome that one little stamp--when used with different ink, cardstock and embellishments--can be just perfect for a variety of occasions. Jenny's birthday card is so pretty and feminine and Mark's Father's Day card is very masculine. Have a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment