Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Sunday!

Today is going to be a busy day around here. Jen & Sydney are coming to visit--YEAH! Then Jen and I are going to Regina's CTMH open house. After some creative and enjoyable time with Regina, we will return for a little card making. A friend of mine purchased the Texture Boutique so we are going to play with it and teach her some of the fundamentals of card-making. Since this friend will be going to Florida for a week, I thought that a tropical themed card is in order. While she is gone, instead of sending a postcard to someone, she can send a card she made all by herself! For his card I used Certainly Celery & Pumpkin Pie cardstock and ink--both remaining colors with the upcoming color renovation. The tropical leaves are from the Paradise set on page 97 of the IB&C and "Thinking of You" is from the Sincere Salutations set on page 143. Now I did not think I wanted or needed the Tropical Party stamp set that is in the Summer Mini, but after making this card, I decided I definitely do want it! While Jen adn I are creating, John is going to take Sydney shopping for bedding plants. This has become a tradition ever since we moved back from AZ. They shop for the plants and she helps Grandpa plant them, while getting a few rides in the wheel barrow. We will all be creating today!

No comments:

Post a Comment