Friday, March 12, 2010

Bright & Cheerful

After dealing with bronchitis the past week, I am back to feeling pretty good. In fact, I even joined in another card challenge. The guidelines for this challenge were that you had to use SAB items, one neutral color and one embellishment. For every SAB item used you were able to use one color. Since I planned on using the Vintage Labels and Whimsical Words stamp sets, my two color choices were Melon Mambo and Green Galore. In addition to those items, I also used my Sizzix Movers & Shapers die and the Curly Label Punch. The sentiments on Whimiscal Words were too large for the frame I used from Vintage Labels, so I inked only the word "Wish" from one of the sentiments using my Stampin' Up markers and centered that in the stamped frame~~thanks to my stamp-a-ma-jig. (I honestly would be lost without my stamp-a-ma-jig. And when I first purchased it~~long before becoming a SU demo~~I thought it was useless!) My one embellishment is the polkadot Melon Mambo grossgrain ribbon. This is a very simple card, but I think it is the perfect card for a Spring or Summer birthday. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail! Love the clean lines of your card and your blog too. I am jealous of your stamping space. It looks heavenly. How do you manage to keep it so clean. :)

    ReplyDelete