Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Retiring Color

Today I have created a card using one of the retiring 2015-2017 In Colors, Watermelon Wonder.  I paired that color with Pool Party cardstock and the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Paper that is retiring. I purchased the paper a while ago, but never used it until yesterday!  Since I never purchased the Cool Treats stamp set, I needed a "cool" image.  I used a penguin image from the My Favorite Things stamp set, Penguins In Paradise.  I colored him in using alcohol markers and adhered him to the cardstock on a piece of craft foam which I also die cut with the penguin die.  The good thing is that the Cool Treats stamp set carried over, so I still have another year to purchase it!!!   To finish the card, I added a balloon brushed with Wink of Stella clear glitter. The sentiment  is from a  long-retired set and punched with the retired Washi Tape punch.   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment