Thursday, April 20, 2017

B Day Card

The idea for today's card came from a Lawn Fawn post of a shaker card.  Mine is not a shaker card, but I liked the design of their card.  The paper is Botanical Gardens DSP which retired last year or longer ago.  I adhered that paper to a Soft Sky card base and then started die-cutting letters.  I used the retired Little Letters Thinlets, lining up the letters on white cardstock.  I temporarily taped them down as I rolled the cardstock thru the Big Shot.  After adhering the white cardstock to the DSP, I added the interior pieces of the letters and a Pool Party star-shaped adhesive embellishment.  The "happy" and "to you" are words from the retiring Crazy About You stamp set.  (I am sorry to see this set go!)  After the card was complete, I asked myself, "Why didn't you just die cut the letters from the DSP and adhere them to the white cardstock?"  I didn't have an answer.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment