Friday, August 14, 2020

Little Owls

When my Stampin' Up order arrived, I wasn't sure which item to try out first.  Of course, it was the treat box.  I made a couple and will post them next week.  Today I am posting a Halloween card I made using the Have A Hoot stamp set and coordinating Peek-A-Hoot dies.

After stamping and coloring a couple of images, I cut the images out using the dies.  I was surprised to find out that the owl dies do not cut out the entire images.  The owl dies only cut the owls and leave the remaining section.  So I stamped and colored the owl images twice.  One I left the entire image.  The second I colored the part of the image that the dies cut.  The owl on the branch with the spider hanging from the tree cuts out the owl and spider (which I did not include.)  The little masked owl (on the card) includes the little moon when cut.  The great thing about this is that the images can be used for other occasion for a couple of the die cut images.  The pair of owls under the mistletoe, when die cut, could be an anniversary card or a friend card.  The owl on the branch holding the present when die cut can be a birthday owl in the summer without the snowflakes.  The owl with the bandanna on a branch could be a Co-vid bear! The Christmas owls are just cute and could sit on a stamped fireplace mantle or a shelf.  Cute set!

Supplies:
Stamping' Up:  Have A Hoot stamp set; Peek-A-Hoot dies; Black, White and Lemon Lime Twist cardstock
Miscellaneous:  Copic markers; Momento black ink; Echo Park Dots and Stripes paper

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment