Friday, August 28, 2020

Happy Mail

The Co-vid pandemic has changed our lives in many ways.  When Jen, Syd, Matt and Mark come over, we sit in the driveway socially distancing.  When my neighbor children come to see if I can come out, we sit in the driveway and usually they bring at least one of their dogs, too.  We are the highlights of each others' days sometimes.

This year the Scrapbook Expo was kind of held online.  I thought, "I will at least save some money by not shopping at the convention center."  I was wrong.  That didn't work so well!  I started watching some of the classes online and got sucked into buying a few things.  One of the stamp/die sets I purchased, Happy Mailbox Cubbies,  is from Art Impressions.  (Actually I purchased two of their Cubbies stamp/die sets.  When I receive the second, I will be posting a card created with that set, too.)  It caught my eye thanks to one of my favorite enablers.  The die not only cuts the row of mailboxes, but it also cuts little slits in which to put your mail, notes and more.  The set even includes a little bird to perch on the mailboxes.

I stamped the image with black Versafine ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  And then I used my Zig Watercolor Brush Pens and a blender pen to color the images.  Before adhering  the image to the white cardstock, I brushed the white cardstock lightly using Distress Ink.  Actually this final image is probably the third attempt using the Zig brushes.  Using a blender pen instead of water with the Zig brushes made the coloring much easier.  I will be water coloring more often~~thanks to a video by Art Impressions.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment