Friday, July 17, 2020

Pool Water Stencil

For my birthday, John gave me a gift certificate to My Favorite Things Stamps.  In MFT's latest release, there were two stencils that caught my eye.  One was the Pool Water stencil and after watching the video, I needed it!   I tried different ways of using the stencil.  One was to use blue cardstock and then sponge Distress Ink over the stencil.  For another I used white cardstock and then sponged over the stencil with the same Distress Ink.  Third was to use a different shade of blue cardstock and Distress Ink. After inking, I would rotate the stencil 90 degrees and ink again.  That is what gives the "pool water" look.  It was a little work to make the water for the pools on my cards, but it really does look like pool water!

Supplies:
My Favorite Things Stamps:  Drink Up The Sunshine  and Sunshine & Friends stamp sets; Pool Water stencil; pool die
Lawn Fawn:  Rectangle  Stitched dies
Avery Elle:  Wonky Stitches dies
Copic markers

Have a great weekend and keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment