Monday, April 20, 2020

Catch A Bird

Friday morning I found a note on my front porch.  It was from one of the girls across the street.  She wanted another dog and her Dad told her if she could catch a bird, she could have a dog.  She also asked her Dad if she could ask if John and/or I had any ideas on how to catch a bird.  But she couldn't buy anything in order to catch a bird.  So, John gave her a critter cage and bird seed.  That afternoon she and her siblings were running after birds trying to catch them with buckets.

On Saturday John checked on the cage and it needed to be reset.  Saturday night, I could hear the kids talking and so excited on my front porch.  I opened the door and all three were talking at the same time because they can get a new dog!!  They got a photo of the bird in the cage, showed it to their parents and the little boy let the bird out of the cage.   They were coming to return the cage and thank John!!  I am sure that right about now the parents would like to catch John, put him in a critter cage and leave him in it!!  Actually, the parents felt that Maddie was really smart to come to our house for help.  And as her Dad said, "She outsmarted me!"

This week is going to be dragon cards week. The cards are being made for Cards For Soldiers. The stamp set used was My Favorite Things' Magical Friends.  I purchased this set when not only was it a Blitz Day sale, it was also a 25% off sale.  With that kind of savings, I also purchased the dies.  These dragons are cute and fun to color.  I used MFT's Lavender Fields cardstock and then matched Copic markers with it.  Isn't this perfect for a Mom or Dad to send to their child?  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment